Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 17

Hello everyone!!!

I woke up feeling sick. I think it was a cold since my body was aching. But not in like a "I worked out so much" way, so I decide it was a cold. I didn't go to the gym, but I did go to work. 

It was a lovely cloudy day in San Diego. The weather made me happy. and I was a in a good mood. Which meant I didn't eat much so I didn't feel so bad about not going to the gym.

Today at work we had four new kids enrolled into the program. During our cardio activities one of the new kids, she is in second grade I believe, started crying. I went up to her and asked her what was wrong. She told me she missed her dad. So I explained to her that all the kids in the program also missed their parents, but that they all made friends to hang out with until their parents got out of work an picked them up.

Then a shocker came. She told me her dad was dead. I felt bad, and didn't know exactly what to say. We have a few children who's parents have passed away. But this girl told me her dad had died "because of a bomb in the war he was in". I knew she didn't fully understand, and she was truly hurt. I almost nearly started crying along with her.

I just wanted to share that with you guys. 

I'm still deciding wether or not I am going to weigh in on Friday or wait till next week. Depends on how I feel by Friday morning. I did feel my pants a bit loose today so that gave me hope! 

Truth is I am just afraid to see a gained pound on the scale. I mean, if I weigh in and only lose 1.5 pounds I'd be happy. I'm just afraid to gain pounds. 

Okay, well, I hope everyone is doing amazing!!!

Good luck and keep it up guys! =]

-Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment