Sunday, January 2, 2011

Introduction

Hello person who is reading this!
My name is Angel Bustos. I am 19. And I am FAT! Yes, I am. I have multiple chins, my belly is big, and if I wave my arms fast enough I could probably fly! 
Here's the deal, I want to lose weight. Yes, being skinny and being able to shop for clothes and not just sizes would be amazing. But my number one reason to lose weight is to avoid all the diseases that come from being over weight such as Diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart problems, etc. My family suffers from all those things and I decided I am not going to let myself go through that. 
I want to go up a flight of stairs with out being winded, or go swimming without worrying about what people are going to thing of my body. I want to be able to wear clothes I WANT to wear, not clothes that I HAVE to wear because of my body's size. If you, somewhere out there, feel the same way, then I think it would be nice to talk each other through our struggle to lose weight, our personal challenge we must over come. 
My challenge is to lose 20 pounds before Feb. 1, 2011 and lose at least 10 pounds every month from there on. Call me crazy if you want! I know I might not achieve those goals, but as long as I lose weight AT ALL I will consider this a success.
My plan: For breakfast and dinner I am going to have Special K with light Soy milk and fruit. And for lunch I will have a multiple vegetable salad with either chicken or ham. No soda, no artificial drinks. Just water and 100% juice drinks. I will also go to the gym to work out 5 days a week for at least 1 hour.
So, this is how the blog is going to work. I will post things every day, but I will only upload a video at the end of the week. Giving a review of the week and revealing the weight loss achieved. Hope ya'll like it and hope we can support each other. Good luck!
-Angel

3 comments:

  1. Angel - I wish you the best! and yes, I agree, if we lend each other support it will be easier. My BIGGEST concern is to improve my health (I do not have any weight induced illnesses but afraid that will come soon if something doesn't change).So, of course, to do that I have to lose weight.

    this website is pretty cool. it lets you put in your goal and then it tells you how many calories, protein , etc that you need. You can also enter in your exercise for the day.and it is FREE!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com
    best wishes,
    Cristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel, My name is Ayla.
    Im also a food addict. And I am also trying.. scratch that, DOING this again, but for the last time! Im sick of being fat, I feel like I wasted my life.. I wish I would have started when I was 19 and got healthy and didn't let myself get to this point, at 25. I need support also, so I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully we can help eachother out :)
    heres my blog http://baylabean.blogspot.com/

    Ayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on making a new beginning. Just remember to take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. I had many bad days during the time it took me to lose 135 pounds.

    Let me know if I can help!
    Ryan
    http://ryan-in-boise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete